Brian T Shirley

Brian T Shirley
Jokers Wild, Atlantis Resort

Friday, September 6, 2013

Syria Crosses The RED Line, The World Holds It's Breath!

This is the latest post for The Weekly Telegram in my column "Truth Be Told". I know this situation in Syria is not an easy fix and there are so many different opinions on this. My debate on Will Roberts' broadcast this week on this subject was more heated between myself and Will, than the roving radical himself, Johnny Hotshot and I. As I've said before, these posts are anywhere between 300-500 words and that is not enough to fully vet any deep subject such as I have tried to tackle with this column. I try to hit it quick, get my point across and hope I make some sense. We'll see how this works out and I may be proved wrong, but I do stand behind my gut instinct on this one.


 First off, who drew the RED line? Do you draw it? I didn’t. Did Congress, or America at large? How about the International community or The UN, or some guy in France? One thing’s for sure, Obama, our esteemed “Leader” did not draw it. He has nothing to do with any of this. Hey man, it’s not his legacy on the line, it’s everyone else in the world’s problem. It’s the American people’s fault, we give lip service to this “humanity” stuff. Why should he care, over here he gets called names he can’t say in Sweden out in public.
 
 This guy doesn’t just stick his head in the sand, he digs a hole and jumps right in, smiling and sticking his tongue out! He’s not the only one showing huge ineptness in this bizarre, theatre of foreign policy suicide. Nancy Pelosi sounds like Porky Pig during one interview trying to speak to why we should bomb Syria. The next interview “Mimi” tell us about a conversation she had with her 5 year old grandson about this situation that would raise the eyebrows of Henry Kissinger! John McCain does not think the proposed response is not broad enough, and The President, the guy who has his hands covering his ears and is yelling “La,la,la I can’t hear you” should have more options. John Kerry looked like a prisoner being interrogated at the latest hearing and could barely look Rand Paul in the eye during Rand’s questions. Kerry wants to “Slam the door” on the option of having boots on the ground, but wait, it turns out he wants that door left cracked a little, just in case. Lindsay Graham, well, never mind. I live in Chas.,SC, by the way, I heard a sound bite from my Graham on this subject and I had no idea what he was talking about, it really was convoluted.
 
We should have had a plan in place to deal with this a year ago. It’s simple, he crosses the line, a predetermined response is swiftly carried out by a broad coalition of countries who agree with the action. This is a disaster and it’s getting worse with the passage of time. Assad is now hiding the offending weapons among the public. Obama and Congress looks like a bunch of idiots who can’t get their story straight. Nancy’s grandson made better points than she did, make him minority leader immediately! I say minority leader until he get’s about a week of experience, then it’s Speaker of The House for him! People who were against invading Iraq, now show their hypocrisy, and the same goes for the folks on the other side of the fence.
 
What’s the end game in this? If we’re not removing Assad, what is the “punishment’? Kerry said Assad would definitely use the weapons again if we did not strike. I think he’ll use them again even if we do. This is a horrible situation for the innocents in Syria and the bumbling way this is being handled will make it worse. This just shows very poor leadership across the board in Washington on foreign policy. These idiots should be swept out of office and a new bunch given a chance. They just can’t seem govern effectively when all they are worried about is holding on to their power. Truth be told, a strike on Syria now would just make things worse, bebebebeb That’s all folks!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment