Brian T Shirley

Brian T Shirley
Jokers Wild, Atlantis Resort

Friday, August 30, 2013

You can't clown around with Obama!!

When I shared the interview Will Roberts did with "Tuffy the Obama Clown" I got an interesting comment from an Obama look-a-like who said he was "Offended" by the way the office of the president was being treated, then went on to lament that George Bush wasn't treated this way. Right there he showed his true colors, which was, it was all about color. This idiot did not even listen to the interview, nor did he bother to read anything about this story or he would have known that this joke was indeed done about George Bush and many other presidents before him. This week marked the 50th anniversary of the "I have a dream" speech and it seems that there are still folks who judge people, not on the content of their character, but on the color of their skin. Can you guess the color of  the Obama light fellow? Here's my post in The Weekly Telegram with my take on Will's interview and more.


My good buddy Will Roberts interviewed “Tuffy the Obama Rodeo Clown” this past week on The Weekly Telegram broadcast. As is usual for Will, he decided to go for the truth instead of basing his questions on a preconceived notion of “Tuffy”. If you are truly opened minded and listened to the interview, or still can, you found out that Obama is not the first president to be the butt of this quite innocent joke. If you truly are a progressive, you would come to the conclusion that this man was treated unfairly by the media, people who called him RACIST and anyone who can’t see that there’s really no story here. This bit has been done for years and with masks of other sitting presidents, to absolutely no fanfare. Why all the hubbub now? That’s an easy one to answer, SKIN COLOR! I don’t care what you say about past injustices! I don’t want to hear how I have to understand someone else’s culture, yet they don’t have to give mine a second thought. This CRAP is getting ridiculous!!
We’ve got black teens tweeting about “killing whitey” then doing so and there’s more outrage over a stupid mask?! These are facts, not conjecture! I’ve heard black folks complain about white people who lock their car doors when they approach. They are offended that the whites do this. Really? The black culture says “you have to act BAD”, you have to appear tough and threatening. To the people who want to complain when I lock my car doors I have this to say. It’s my damn car and my BODY, I’ll do what I want to protect it no matter what color someone else is. By the way, I got attacked in New York when I was about ten years old and had my nose bloodied. Guess why? I had the wrong skin color in the wrong part of town. I have to understand the past injustices that have been done to people because of their race, yet they don’t have to understand mine? B.S.!
I’ve been doing stand-up comedy for 20 years and I’ve seen a disturbing trend in that industry for a long time, If a black comic does jokes about white people, it’s OK. Try that if you’re white. The whites don’t laugh because they’re nervous and it’s a bout a 50/50 chance you’ll offend black folks. It’s a tightrope for white, straight male comics to make fun of other races or homosexuals. This is a fact. Here’s a true story that happened to me. I had to do a show for a corporate show in a conference room at a hotel one time several years ago. I was a last minute fill in and had no idea what I was walking into. When I walked into the room right before the host brought me up, I would say the audience was about 90% black. I could feel the energy leave the place as soon as I was introduced. Very few people paid attention and a lot of them just talked right over me. Towards the end of my torturing lecture, a little old black lady starting tapping on her glass with a butter knife so as to interrupt my show. Her back had been turned to me the whole time and she kept tapping on that damn glass even after I asked her to stop so I could close my “show”. This was a function for a professional organization that employs more people that any other business in the USA. The lady who paid me apologized. She explained that I had replaced a black comedian who had canceled for some reason and she didn’t think it would make a difference. Don’t I need to tell you “progressives” what you can do with your empathy? These people were trying to disrupt my ability to earn my money based on my skin color, sound familiar?
We are going backwards in this country when it comes to race relations. It’s not “progressive” or “liberal” to think that people of certain skin colors or sexual orientations have special rights to say certain words that other folks can’t, that’s idiocy! Truth be told, when all races can tell jokes about each other without anyone being offended, we will be progressing towards the best in race relations.

No comments:

Post a Comment