Brian T Shirley

Brian T Shirley
Jokers Wild, Atlantis Resort

Sunday, August 11, 2013

Are you a White Republican? Then You're a Racist!

 The words "Racist" and "Racism" are being thrown around a lot these days, way to much if you ask me. Being a racist is a terrible thing and being called one is seen as a terrible insult, but these terms are becoming trivial with the way they are used. Words can be powerful, but they loose their sting if they are wielded way to often. I am a weekly guest on Will Roberts' radio program "The Weekly Telegram" on a segment called 'Pro's and Con's". This past week I was asked to debate the subject of Voter rights with my usual opponent on the opposite side of the political spectrum. He started the debate by asking me why the Republicans were trying to change voting rights and called them "racists" somewhere in the beginning of his question. I can't remember how he phrased it because I instantly lost my temper. I'm just so sick of people wanting to have a discussion, but they feel the need to throw insults out first, then expect you to have a reasonable exchange. I'm not falling for it anymore, and I've learned that those people who love to brag about how tolerant they are, are the least tolerant people on earth. How can you be considered tolerant when you only tolerate things you agree with? That's idiocy! Here's my post for my column  "Truth Be Told" which I wrote about an hour after my exchange on the radio program, here's the link to the Will's site where the show is on. It's the latest broadcast as of  8/11/13

http://willsays.com.

                Truth Be Told : Are you a White Republican? Then You're A Racist!
 
 Yes I said it, Hell, I even wrote it. If you're white and not a liberal democrat you will be branded a Racist, there's the new drum beat sounding on the left.  The big problem with that, aside from the net of lies they are casting, is there are some folks out there who don't even know what it means to be a racist. I heard a lady who was lamenting the Zimmerman verdict say that she "Couldn't be a Racist" because her people were not in a position of power, or didn't control armies or some other nonsense that she's been lead to believe. She was a black person by the way, shocker! My response to her is that if she can't be a Racist, then she must not belong to a race of humanity, because that's all it takes to have a shot at being a member of the good old "R" club. If you have to change the definition of a word so it fits your ideology, then your ideology is a LIE!
 
Let's look at the real definition of what it means to be a Racist (via The Free Online Dictionary) : 
 
1. The belief that race accounts for differences in human character or ability and that a particular race is superior to others.
2. Discrimination or prejudice based on race.  
 
How about the definition of racism, so we're all clear. (Wikipedia)
 
Racism is usually defined as views, practices and actions reflecting the belief that humanity is divided into distinct biological groups called races and that members of a certain race share certain attributes which make that group as a whole less desirable, more desirable, inferior, or superior
 
Nothing about having a standing Army in either of those. Hey! Isn't Obama the Commander in Chief ? Doesn't that mean he's in CONTROL of the military? Isn't he considered to be a black guy? Quick, somebody tell that lady she can now be a RACIST! Hooray for her, she should become a Republican and seal the deal.
 
Why do I say that White Republicans are racists? Because I was told by someone on the left that because Republicans want there to be voter registration with a photo ID they are Racists. Actually, I've heard this before and the rhetoric is being turned up in the current climate. Unless Republicans pass the legislation that Liberals/Democrats want, they will be labeled as Racists. By the way, in order for someone to qualify for The Affordable Health care Act they must prove how old they are, how much money they make, etc. Why is this not seen as Racist? Because it was born on the left, where no racists reside, sacred ground over there you know! Can't it be said that since Liberals believe that minorities can't exist without help from the government that they are the true Racists? ( See # 1 definition of Racist above and Racism) We can't say that, that would upset their base.
 
I have a question. If a white person who's delivering pizza, decides not to get out of their car when in a predominately black neighborhood after dark and calls the customer to come meet them at the car, are they a racist? They only do this in the "bad neighborhoods", that's discrimination! Well if that's the case, then I AM A RACIST. I delivered pizza several years ago in a black neighborhood and I saw a bunch of black thugs starting to gather across the street from the drive way I was pulling into. I called the customer and told them I was not going to leave the car, they could come and get the food if they wanted it. They came out, signed the slip as I stood with the door of my PT Cruiser open and turned around and left. As soon as the customer, who was black by the way, left and walked towards their house, the thugs across the street rushed my car. I got in and shut the door just as one of them started banging on my car with a lead pipe or something. They surrounded the car and tried to bust out the windows and banged on the driver door. I backed out and got away. I'm convinced if I had walked to the customer's door, I may not be able to type or even think right now, let alone still be alive,
 
Truth be told, I guess I should wear a White Republican looking suit at all times. If I'm going to be called a Racist, I may as well go all the way.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment