Brian T Shirley

Brian T Shirley
Jokers Wild, Atlantis Resort

Sunday, November 3, 2013

Accentuate The Positive.

I would hope this post will get more views because of it's uplifting nature. There's far to many things in this world that are wrong, it's time to look at what's right and celebrate those things.




                                         Accentuate The Positive!
tbt9

I did two interviews on YouTube with a gentleman named Jason Deierlien for his show “My Positive Perspective” this past summer. They were recently posted to YouTube and between both episodes there’s over 30,000 views. That made me feel appreciated and it did give me inspiration to get through some of the negative things that seem to be going on constantly in our world today. But then again, are these things we as humans experience really “Negative” or “Positive”, or is it all in the way we perceive these experiences? Either way, we make our own reality based on how we views things. 
I have posted and read a lot recently about the bickering going on in Washington and nationally. I’m using this article to take a deep breath, close my eyes and hope for better things. Not just to hope though, but to acknowledge. We DO have a great and generous nation called The United States of America. Yes, there are bad people here, such as the pieces of human waste that killed a WWII veteran in his driveway several days ago. But, I believe for every four of those pieces of vermin, there are hundreds of good people here, maybe even thousands. We have and still are going through a very tough economic time, but I see the American spirit everywhere, still thriving. Our Political leaders point fingers at each other and practice the highest forms hypocrisy, yet we here in the real world continue to be civil towards one another.
I think the light will always be stronger than the dark and I have proof. The NSA scandal has led to our own government having to explain to it’s citizens and other Nations what the hell they are doing with all the information they are gathering. The fact that the light keeps getting turned on in the NSA darkroom is a beautiful thing. This would not happen in a dictatorship or a communist country. I take this to mean there’s still hope to keep ourselves free of an oppressive regime and shrink the size of the Federal Nanny-State we have now. 
 I also think there’s something positive to take away from the terrible mood our country seems to be in these days. I think all the grumbling means that people do care. They care about making sure we leave things better off than when we found them. That we take care of the planet, those less fortunate and help those that are trying to help themselves. We may be on different sides of the fence, but I do believe WE ALL want these things, I know I do. I don’t think I would be putting out this column if things were all rosy, that’s a positive for me. I’ve been called a “Racist” for some of my posts here, but in reality this exposed the real racist. They’re getting easier to spot now, they change the definition of the word “Racist” to fit their agenda. They scurry like cockroaches or scream at you when exposed to the light of truth. Light will always chase away the dark and I believe  the positive can outshine the negative. We need more folks to shine that lantern right into the face of those who would have us turn against each other.  They can change words or terms, but they can’t change truth!
Prayer is something that we need to do as well. I could use some prayers and I need to do it more myself. Prayer is a positive, up lifting experience that does more for the person praying than the God being prayed to. As for you who don’t believe, I would ask that you be as open mined to those who do believe as you want them to be to you. We may not be able to change each other’s minds, but we can work together for a better future. This has been done many times since 1776, not everybody saw eye to eye back then either. Truth be told, the light of truth can not be extinguished, it must shine and that’s the most positive thing of all!

No comments:

Post a Comment