Brian T Shirley

Brian T Shirley
Jokers Wild, Atlantis Resort

Thursday, August 9, 2012

Triangle Variety Comedy Show 08/08 by Triangle Variety Radio | Blog Talk Radio

Triangle Variety Comedy Show 08/08 by Triangle Variety Radio | Blog Talk Radio We just did our second show and apparently had a big increase in listeners from our debut show. This is my first time co-hosting a radio show and booking guests. I've been a guest on many radio shows as a comedian plugging my stand-up or pushing my books, but hosting is a very different animal. I have found a new respect for the radio DJ's and talk show hosts out there across America. Doing your own radio show is not easy, but I enjoy the work I'm putting into it. I think I've got the rest of August booked pretty well with soem very talented and funny comedians.I'm starting on  booking Sept. and I'm also doing my best to write funny segments and come with more as the show grows. I've had a lot of help from other radio personalities and comedians, which makes life a little easier. For those people who listen in as we try and grow the shop as well as the audience, I'm sure they'll find something/s to enjoy about our little experiment. Patrick Walters is a veteran in many ways and I was honored when he asked me to co-host this show.Triangle Variety Radio is a fantastic network with a proven track record and talented people at the helm. I know I'll make some mistakes in the beginning and hopefully they will become fewer and fewer as the show grows. I'm learning a lot about booking guests, putting together segments and keeping the ball rolling. I welcome any comments and hope people who give us a listen enjoy the show!

3 comments:

  1. Glad all went well! Best wishes for many, many more:>) Break a leg! haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks and if you know of any Jewish comedians ( we've already had Perry Kurtz on who's Jewish) who want an interview, just email me @ briantshirley@aol.com

      Delete