Brian T Shirley

Brian T Shirley
Jokers Wild, Atlantis Resort

Friday, October 12, 2012

WestOf.net - West Ashley Music and Arts - SHIRLEY, HE CAN WRITE


WestOf.net - West Ashley Music and Arts - SHIRLEY, HE CAN WRITE


A recent interview I did for the "West Of" paper. This is the second time I've been in this local paper and I want to thank Kristin Hackler for doing a great job. We met at a local club in West Ashley, near downtown Chas.,SC, called The Tin Roof. They do an open mic there on Sundays so it was the perfect spot.

 We got there right at 4pm when they opened and there not any customers there yet. I met Kristin, her husband and the photographer outside on the club's covered back porch and then went inside to the bar. We talked for close to an hour and I think I gave her enough info and stories for 4 or 5 articles. She did a great job with taking her notes and pulling together this interview into a concise look at my third book and dancing around some of my life story thus far. Phone and TV interviews are great and fun to do, but this type is my favorite. I love sitting down with the reporter for a one on one and seeing what they do with the info I provide. A lot of the time these folks tell my story and promote my work better than I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment